A successful move is a well-planned move! Here are some tips to help you.
- Reserve enough parking space for the moving truck near your future home.
- Disassemble furniture when possible. Prepare appliances, especially the dishwasher and washer; hoses must be disconnected and emptied, and water must be drained away.
- Cover your furniture with blankets or covers and secure them with duct tape.
- Protect your mattress or box spring from dust with mattress bags.
- Take out the drawers from the dressers.
FILLING THE TRUCK
- Load heavy and bulky items (appliances, large furniture) first, that is to say at the back of the truck or on the sides of the truck. The center of the truck can be filled with boxes and lighter items.
- Distribute the load evenly over the truck surface.
- Certain rules apply if you use a truck or trailer for your move; all your furniture must be securely retained. Failure to comply with these obligations could result in a fine. Use straps to fix furniture to the lashing bars located along the truck.
You don’t have all the required moving equipment or accessories? For your convenience, Location Légaré provides you with protective covers, straps, binder straps and mattress bags.
A LAST TIP
It may seem obvious, but based on past experience, make sure during the July 1 rush that you haven't forgotten anything in the truck and that it has been completely emptied!
We have everything it takes to make your moving experience as easy and enjoyable as possible! Don’t hesitate to ask for the help or advice of our experts.
Good luck and all the best!